DIY Weddings and Events
"We love our DIY clients and are so proud of everything they have created."
"Do-it-yourself" has become a mantra for many people, as they not only look to put their own stamp on their day, but save some money in the process. Our DIY options lets you pick what services we provide, whether you need instruction and designing or simply want to order floral product. We can help you with any portion that will cause stress or difficulties with coordination. Before you decide if this is the right decision for you and how much help you may need from us, we encourage you to consider the questions below. Contact us
for more information on the services we provide and how we can help you with your DIY event.
Ben Colvin Photography
Colin Schye Photography
Jennifer Togal Photography
Is DIY for you?
- Do you feel comfortable working with flowers?
- While we do our best to select flowers for DIY clients that are fairly easy to work with, each variety has its own idiosyncrasies and characteristics, and some require special handling or treatment. We offer workshops for an hourly rate if you're interested in learning design basics or having a private lesson with us. We provide tutorials, details and plans for some DIY Assistance packages. Contact us to learn more.
- Do you (and/or some really great friends and family) have enough time to pick up the flowers a few days before your event, as well as enough time to design?
- The week of your event can be incredibly hectic, and it's easy to underestimate the amount of time you'll need for everything from picking up the flowers to designing them to setting things up at your event. We can give you an estimate on your appropriate timeline and how many people will need to be involved. We typically have a team of 2-4 people working on event flowers for two days prior to an event, as well as a team of 2-3 people for setup and breakdown. We are available to instruct and work alongside you and your family and friends.
- Do you have a workspace to do the design work and tools you need and the ability and means to transport the flowers to your venue?
- Flowers get messy fast! You'll need a space that's cool (air conditioning is required, not just recommended) and has access to water. You'll need heavy-duty clippers and floral shears designed for floral work, as well as other key supplies like floral tape, wire, ribbons, and pins. We can supply all the items you need. If you are designing the flowers at a location other than your event venue, you'll need to figure out how to safely transport buckets and vases filled with flowers and water. We can help with delivery and have delivery service partners.
- Do you have people you trust to help set up and tear down all of the floral decorations on the day of the event?
- Make sure you have reliable help. You don't need the extra stress. We can help with setup and teardown.